Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Are you worthy?

Since I've been studying in University for almost a year. I realized a lot of stuffs, I gained a lot, I learned much but i know it never enough. What I want to say is, the crucial part i found out in University is "What's your value?" Are you worth enough to let me stick to you? Are you smart enough to answer my question?

Unfortunately, it's true when I found out around me. Do you even ask those people who has lower result than you and answer your doubt in academic? You wouldn't, am I right?  You would just ask people who are smart enough to answer your questions. Wouldn't you? Unfortunately, I do that as well. I'm not trying to generalize everyone into this category, I apologize if you feel insulted.

You can see this situation much clearly during revision and exam period. Smart people will surrounded by questions which asked by friends. However, those people who are not that smart would just study alone or even you know how the question works, nobody would ask you how.

Indeed, people always determine you based on your result, But I always believe that got an excellent outcome doesn't mean you'll have a bright future or you don't if got a bad one. I admire one of my lecturer who's from Italy, she said that she doesn't believe in exam because you wouldn't know are you in the good condition during exam or what if your brain are not functioning well at that time?

It's always sad that see this situation around me. Let me tell you something, thank God that let me see something what i should have! Throughout the whole semester, I saw somebody who always skipped classes, don't attend any tutorials and the top 3 to exit the exam hall. I always thought that they're just lazy, they don't put any effort, they're just so wrong. But you know what, the person who supposed feel wrong is ME, one of the day, Peter and I planned to not to sleep for the sake of accounting paper. So we stayed in computer lab and did revision for the whole night. When I was about to go to toilet halfway, I passed through learning hub (another part of computer lab), I saw those students whom I described just now (often skipped the classes/ exit the exam hall) were studying hard there and it was 5am. At that moment, my assumption just gone wrong! I felt guilty but with a smile on my face because I know they might be a shinning star in the future. They are international students actually :)

Seriously, thank God. He let me learnt something, don't judge a person's achievement by it's result. if you do, you'll never right! Students who go poor result doesn't mean he/she didn't put effort on it, just maybe he/she didn't has the guts during exam?haha.just kidding.

So, will you ask yourself quietly next time when you meet someone, "Are you worthy enough?" :)

Cheers people!


Love,Sarah

No comments: