Sunday, September 1, 2013

Charismatic leader

I have been working in Groupon for the past 3 months since 5th June 2013. My director left 2 days ago for the God sake of having his own business after he served Groupon for exactly 1 year. I thought I will never teared on that day because I am just an intern and not working directly under him too but surprisingly, I teared along with the colleagues when the farewell video played. I am always the person who is known as emotional when comes to sentimental matter.

Honestly, i was sad because such a great, down to earth and understanding leader left and is really a waste. During his short speech, he said "Now, I left behind my team and pursue my dream, this time I am not leaving alone but a team, this is the most difficult farewell. They are like my child, so dependent on me." I teared, he choked and we sobbed. Nonetheless, I am always impressed by him since the day I came in, he always go along with the team mate well, concentrate to an individual when he/she telling him their problems.

Not to mention, before we (intern) go for lunch, he even asked for picture which I will never expect from a leader, a superior one since he is a top management in Groupon. I'm touched by the movement.

From left: Shun yann, Ryan, Kar Jun (Director), me

I would definitely love to follow a leader like him, a mature, caring and fun leader who always support his team all the way and focus on his team's growth.

Never easy to bid goodbye! All the best in your future undertakings! :)

By the way, tomorrow will be my last week of internship already, not sure whether I will cry. However, I will do my best to contribute all I have to leave no regret.

Love,Sarah

No comments: